Jhene Aiko Quotes: Jhene Aiko is a Grammy Award-nominated American singer, songwriter, and record producer known for her ethereal sound that fuses elements of R&B, hip-hop, and alternative music.
Born Jhene Aiko Efuru Chilombo in Los Angeles, California in 1988, she began singing at a young age and gained some fame in the early 2000s when she appeared on the R&B group B2K’s album, Pandemonium (2002).
Her debut solo album, Souled Out (2014) was released to critical and commercial acclaim, reaching number three on the Billboard 200 and earning her two Grammy nominations.
Who Is Jhene Aiko
Since then, Aiko has collaborated with a wide variety of artists, including Drake, Gucci Mane, Kid Cudi, Future, and Big Sean.
She has released two subsequent solo albums, Trip (2017) and Chilombo (2020), as well as two collaborative EPs with Big Sean, Twenty88 (2016) and 2 Twenty88 (2017).
Aiko Music Carrer
Raised by a musician father and a hairstylist mother, Aiko was surrounded by a musical environment growing up.
She joined the R&B group B2K at the age of ten and toured and recorded with the group for two years before leaving the group in 2004. She began pursuing a solo career in 2008 when she signed a deal with Epic Records.
However, her debut album, Souled Out, would not be released until 2014, due to label disruption.
“Souled Out” featured production from No I.D., Key Wane, and Fisticuffs, and featured guest appearances from Ab-Soul, Wu-Tang Clan member RZA, and John Mayer.
With an eclectic mix of slow jams, sweet soul, and hip-hop, the album was met with critical acclaim, and peaked at number three on the Billboard 200.
Aiko garnered two Grammy nominations for Best R&B Song (“The Worst”) and Best Rapid Song (“The Vapors”).
Since Souled Out, Aiko has released two solo albums and two collaborative projects with Big Sean. Trip, her second solo album, was released in 2017 and featured production from Hit-Boy, Charlie Handsome, No I.D., and J. Cole.
Aiko’s third solo album, Chilombo, followed in 2020. The album featured production from Hit-Boy, 9th Wonder, and Timbaland, and featured appearances from Nas, Miguel, Ty Dolla $ign, and John Legend.
The album debuted at number two on the Billboard 200 and topped the R&B and soul charts.
Her Concern For Humanity
Outside of her music career, Aiko is an advocate for mental health awareness.
She has used her platform to open up about her own personal struggles with depression and anxiety, and to urge her fans to take care of their mental health.
Jhene Aiko is a highly acclaimed singer, songwriter, and record producer whose ethereal sound has earned her widespread acclaim.
With several Grammy nominations and her passionate advocacy for mental health awareness, Aiko has made a significant impact on the music industry.
Jhene Aiko Quotes
Jhene Aiko Lyrics Quotes
Jhene Aiko is one of modern music’s great lyricists. She has the ability to captivate listeners and make them feel all of the emotions she conveys in her music.
As an R&B artist, her songs often feature references to love, heartbreak, and life struggles, but her words carry much more depth than the typical pop banger.
Here are Jhene Aiko’s best lyrics quotes that can inspire us to find our strength and joy in life, no matter what may be going on around us.
1. “The truth might be hard to swallow, it will pass eventually.” – “The Worst”
This incredibly powerful lyric serves as a reminder that truth can sometimes be difficult to accept. But we can find comfort in the understanding that it’s only a phase, and it will pass eventually.
2. “My reflection, dare to stretch my imagination.” – “Bed Peace”
When we look in the mirror each day, this thought-provoking quote prompts us to use our imagination and do something bigger than ourselves.
3. “And when you find your heart again, that’s when you start to win.” – “You vs. Them”
Finding your heart or purpose in life can often feel like a daunting task, but when we do find it, winning begins to feel within reach.
4. “Show me reasons that I can keep growing.” – “Eternal Sunshine”
It can be so easy to let the troubles and negative things of the world keep us from growing. This line promotes us to stay focused on the things that keep us developing, progressing, and growing.
5. “My strength has never failed me, it only made me pure.” – “Higher”
This lyric celebrates the strength that can be found within. It encourages us to use our faith in ourselves to make our lives even better than before.
6. “Stay true to who you are in your soul, find that love and you won’t feel so lost.” – “Souled Out”
This quote instills in us the importance of connecting with our true selves to stay centered and find our greatest joy.
7. “So I keep myself in the dark, and learn my way from there.” – “The Pressure”
The pressures of life can often lead to feeling overwhelmed, but Jhene’s advice here teaches us that, out of realizing our inner strengths and potential, we can rise up and conquer anything.
8. “Baby, if I fall, it’s okay, at least I got up.” – “The Vapors”
No journey is without its bumps, but these lyrics remind us that, no matter how many times we fall, it’s always the strength to get back up that is most important.
9. “We’re something special and we’re beautiful.” – “Mirrors”
This inspiring message encourages us to appreciate our individual beauty, as well as our collective uniqueness.
10. “Find your inner sunshine and bloom.” – “The Worst”
When times get tough, seek out your inner light and use it to inspire you to reach new heights of achievement.
11. “If I stand too tall, that don’t really mean I’m strong.” – “Eternal Sunshine”
True strength comes from within, and no matter what other people might think, Jhene advises us to keep our heads up and trust the warrior inside us.
12. “Forgive yourself, learn and move on.” – “Airplanes Part II”
This lyric reminds us that we all make mistakes, but in order to progress, it’s essential to forgive ourselves and move on.
13. “And if you ever be lost, just remember who you came from.” – “Comfort Inn Ending”
No matter how far away we travel, the words of this line remind us to stay grounded and hold on to the experiences and lessons that have shaped us.
14. “Put faith in your future, don’t be deterred by your past.” – “Loyalty”
This quote is a gentle reminder to focus on our future dreams, no matter what mistakes we’ve made in the past.
15. “Take a deep breath, I can tell that you’re alive.” – “W.A.Y.S.”
Sometimes life can feel overwhelming and we can forget to appreciate the little things. Jhene reminds us that we’re here now and able to take the journey.
16. “Live your best, you can’t really go wrong.” – “From Time”
The advice in this lyric encourages us to stay focused and make the best decisions we can in life, even when the waters get a little choppy.
17. “Your strength is my weakness, I’m drawn in to you.” – “The Worst”
This beautifully and poetically conveys how our strengths and weaknesses naturally attract us to the right people.
18. “And when life brings the rain, don’t you cry no more.” – “Walking Distance”
When we find ourselves feeling down, we can use this lyric to remember that better days are ahead, and with that knowledge, power through the darkness.
19. “All these walls inside my head, don’t let nobody in.” – “The Worst”
This quote rings true for many of us who may be hesitant to open up or let others in. Jhene encourages us to persevere and overcome these anxieties.
20. “I can’t take all the hurt and pain away, but I’m here to give the love that you need.” – “If I Call”
This heartwarming line reminds us that sometimes we can’t fix people’s problems, but we can offer support and comfort in times of need.
21. “What is right and wrong, sometimes, it’s all the same.” – “Eternal Sunshine”
This lyric highlights that the world isn’t always black and white. It’s important to understand that we can’t always know the right course of action, and it’s okay to take risks to find our own paths.
22. “Sometimes, it’s best to be alone, so you can figure it out.” – “The Worst”
It’s important for us to understand that it’s okay to take some time for ourselves. It’s often in being alone that we can work through tough emotions and gain clarity.
23. “Everybody’s got demons, some of us keep ours under our skin.” – “Comfort Inn Ending”
This lyric reminds us that most of us have dark or difficult times that we keep hidden away. And it’s important for us to remember that we don’t need to be ashamed of our inner struggles.
24. “Our paths weren’t meant to cross, but they still overlapped a few times.” – “Walking Distance”
This lyric speaks to how fate sometimes brings people into our lives, even if for just a short time. It serves as a reminder that our time with one another is precious and unique.
25. “We’re learning to be, even when we barely see.” – “The pressure”
Often, it’s in our darkest moments that we discover our true resilience. This line celebrates the strength of our souls and encourages us to strive forward even in times of uncertainty.
26. “You can be the star of your own show.” – “From Time”
This inspiring quote serves as a reminder that our lives are ours to create and shape in any way we choose.
Jhene Aiko Quotes Self Love
Many of her songs, such as “Stay Ready,” “Maniac,” and “Peace of Mind,” reference various aspects of self-love and of overcoming adversity. Through her amazing lyrics and captivating voice, Aiko has helped many people around the world develop healthier habits and attitudes towards self-love.
Below are several of her most popular quotes about self-love and healing:
27. “Be the best version of yourself. You deserve it. You owe it to yourself.”
This quote encourages people to be the best version of themselves that they can possibly be. Oftentimes, individuals can get stuck in a cycle of comparing themselves to others and feeling inadequate or unworthy of love and recognition.
Aiko’s words remind them to strive to be the best version of themselves and to focus on loving themselves.
28. “When one door closes, another one opens. But sometimes it can be hard to let go and move on.”
Sometimes, the hardest thing we have to do is to let go of something or someone we love. Aiko’s words remind us that when things end, it’s important to accept and move on, as there might be something better in store for us.
29. “Life is an ever-evolving journey, and you don’t always have to know the answers.”
Aiko reminds us that life is an unpredictable journey and that we don’t have to have all of the answers right away. It’s important to take our time and to grow and learn as we go, as life can take us to unexpected places and teach us valuable lessons.
30. “You cannot control everything; sometimes you just need to relax and enjoy the ride.”
Life can be a roller coaster, with its ups and downs. Aiko’s words remind us that we can’t always control what happens to us, and it’s important to take a step back and just relax and enjoy the ride sometimes.
31. “Love yourself enough to know that you deserve the best.”
Aiko knows the importance of treating oneself with love and respect. She reminds us that we should strive for the best and that we are worthy of it.
32. “When you feel like giving up, know that you are capable of achieving anything you set your mind on.”
Many of us have moments when we feel like giving up on our dreams. Aiko reminds us that we have the strength within ourselves to persevere and face any challenge.
33. “Don’t hold back who you are, the world needs you to be you.”
Aiko reminds us that it is important to stay true to ourselves and embrace our uniqueness.
34. “Be patient with yourself and know that you are capable of much bigger and better things.”
Sometimes it can seem like success is taking too long to come. Aiko encourages us to stay focused and use our own unique strengths to achieve our dreams.
35. “Life is a journey, but know nowhere else to be but in the present, finding joy in each moment.”
Aiko encourages us to live in the present moment, enjoy the journey and appreciate each moment as it passes.
36. “No matter how far you fall, you are worthy, you belong and you will rise again.”
Aiko reminds us that we should never give up, no matter how big a setback we might experience.
Jhene Aiko Love Quotes
37. “Love doesn’t hurt. People hurt.”
This quote speaks to the idea that love is not something that causes pain, but rather people can cause hurt through their actions. Aiko is reminding us that it is important to be mindful of our actions when we are in relationships and to not let our fear and insecurities cause pain.
38. “Don’t chase perfection, chase realness.”
With this quote, Aiko is teaching us to let go of the unrealistic expectations of perfection and to instead strive for something more meaningful – authenticity. She is encouraging us to be true to ourselves, to be honest with those we love and to accept that things don’t have to be perfect to be beautiful.
39. “Love is not something that you find or earn, it’s something that you give.”
This quote speaks to the idea that love is not a goal or something that can be taken, but rather it is something that is naturally given. Aiko is reminding us that love is an act of giving and that it should come from an honest and genuine place.
40. “It’s okay to be scared, but don’t let that stop you from loving.”
Aiko is encouraging us to push past our fear and take risks for love. She reminds us that it is normal to be scared, but that we can’t let fear dictate how much love and connection we experience.
41. “Love yourself unconditionally and don’t be afraid to love others.”
With this quote, Aiko is reminding us that self-love is essential, and that we must learn to love ourselves first before we can truly love someone else.
She is encouraging us to embrace all of our flaws and imperfections and to be open to loving others without fear or judgement.
Jhene Aiko Spiritual Quotes
42. “Live life with love and light.”
Aiko’s powerful words shine a light on the importance of loving and cherishing the life we live. She encourages us to be thankful for the moments we are given and to focus on the positive.
43. “The best way to heal is to forgive.”
Anger and hatred can be damaging within. Aiko reminds us to let go of our anger and to see deeper than the pain. Forgiveness is the ultimate healing power.
44. “Seek understanding, not answers.”
Aiko reminds us that seeking understanding, rather than answers, is the most powerful but often forgotten manner of learning.
45. “Be patient with yourself.”
Jhene Aiko offers a gentle reminder to be patient with our own progress and to take the time to check in with ourselves.
46. “Don’t forget to be grateful for everything.”
Life has great moments and many challenges. Aiko encourages us to remember that every single experience should be appreciated.
47. “Life is full of surprises.”
Aiko encourages us to remain open to the unknown and to appreciate life’s wonderful coincidences that can lead us to new growth and insight.
Jhene Aiko 2fish Quotes
48. “True love knows no boundaries and can’t be denied, I think that’s why it’s so hard to find”
Jhene speaks about the difficulty in finding true love and how it is a hard thing to do.
49. “Accept yourself for who you are and learn to love despite the flaws”
This quote reminds us that love is only truly real when it can embrace all the imperfections that come with it.
50. “I am mountains, I am oceans and I am everything in between”
This is a powerful reminder that we should always stay humble and never forget our humble beginnings.
51. “Just because something isn’t perfect doesn’t mean it isn’t beautiful”
This quote is a reminder that we should not expect perfection in life or in ourselves.
52. “The best path to love is to never lose yourself”
Jhene speaks about how important it is to stay true to who we are and to never lose sight of our purpose.
53. “It’s okay if you’re lost, sometimes being lost is how we find ourselves”
This quote is a reminder that it is okay not to always have everything figured out. Life is a journey that we should all enjoy.
Fun Fact About Jhene Aiko
1. Jhene Aiko released her debut album, “Souled Out”, in 2014.
2. She began her career as a child by appearing in various commercials.
3. Jhene’s father is a musician, Darrin Akeiko, and her mother is Christina Yamamoto.
4. She had a guest appearance in the famous Disney show, Kim Possible.
5. Jhene released her first mixtape, Sailing Souls, in 2011, followed by two other projects.
6. In 2012, Jhene co-wrote and was featured on the popular track “The Worst” by fellow singer-songwriter, Drake.
7. Jhene Aiko was featured on a remix of Frank Ocean’s song “Thinkin Bout You”.
8. She’s featured on Big Sean’s album Dark Sky Paradise and Nicki Minaj’s single, “Bed of Lies”.
9. Jhene’s fourth studio album, Chilombo, was released in March 2020 and entered the Billboard 200 Chart at number 1.
10. “My Afternoon Dream”, an album by Jhené Aiko and her older brother Miyagi, was released in March 2013.
11. Her debut studio album, “Souled Out”, was released in September 2014, debuting at number three on the Billboard 200 chart.
12. Jhene Aiko had been dating rapper Big Sean from 2016 to 2018.
13. Jhene’s third studio album, Trip, was released on September 22, 2017.
14. Her song, “Triggered (freestyle)”, reached the top 10 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
15. A documentary series based on her life, titled Trip, was released on YouTube in November 2018.
16. Jhene Aiko is an advocate for mental health awareness and has spoken publicly about her struggles with depression and anxiety.
17. She is an honorary member of the Compton Cowboys, a real-life gang of cowboys in Los Angeles, CA.
18. She has won two MTV Video Music Awards and two Soul Train Music Awards.
19. Her spiritual practice includes gathering crystal healing stones and meditating.
20. She started her own record label, Artistic Manifesto, in 2015.
21. She also founded the Jhené Aiko Scholarship at the University of Southern NoCal.
22. She was featured in the 2011 video for the Maroon 5 single “Moves Like Jagger”.
23. Jhene Aiko wrote the music for “The Secret Life of Bees”, a film starring Queen Latifah and Dakota Fanning.
24. She starred in the feature-length movie “Trip Dreams” in 2018.
25. In 2016, Jhene Aiko was featured on the original song, “Pass Dat”, which was featured on the “Suicide Squad” soundtrack.
26. In 2020, she was listed on Forbes’ 30 Under 30 List for music for her work in the industry.
27. Jhene has collaborated on numerous tracks with her sister Mila J, including “Stranger”.
28. She was featured on the 2017 track “Come Thru” by fellow singer-songwriter, Usher.
29. Jhene Aiko wrote the song “Lie to Me”, which was featured on Rihanna’s album “Talk That Talk”.
30. At the 59th Annual Grammy Awards, Aiko received her first Grammy nomination for Best R&B Album for her album “Trip”.
Jhene Aiko has provided us with many beautiful and inspiring quotes that have touched millions of hearts.
Her words are a reminder that love is something that should be shared without judgment, and that self-love is essential to having healthy relationships.
Read more inspirational women here:
1. Madam Cj Walker Quotes | The Inspiring Journey U.S First Female Millionaire
2. 86 Doja Cat Quotes | The Way Successful Woman Life
Are you an alpha female? if so, read this Alpha Female Quotes: Breaking The Stereotypes
Hi, I'm a writer and blogger with a degree in psychology. I love sharing my thoughts and experiences through writing and have contributed to various online publications. In my free time, you can find me outdoors, reading, or spending time with loved ones. Thank you for visiting my blog!