The Evil Eye is a malicious stare that is believed to be able to cause physical and/or mental harm to the person it is directed at. The belief is widespread and can be found in many cultures and countries around the world.
But, don’t be afraid of the Evil Eye as long as you are a good person with good intentions. If you are looking for protection from the Evil Eye, you can find many different amulets and talismans that can help you.
Here are some of the most popular Evil Eye Quotes to make you more aware of it:
1. “An evil eye can kill a horse.”
This is a popular Turkish proverb that means that the Evil Eye can cause serious harm.
2. “The Evil Eye is like a tooth; it can only hurt you if you believe in it.”
This is a popular Lebanese proverb that means that the Evil Eye can only harm you if you believe in its power.
3. “If you want to avoid the Evil Eye, don’t be too beautiful or too successful.”
This is a popular Greek proverb that means that people who are too beautiful or too successful are more likely to be targeted by the Evil Eye.
4. “The Evil Eye is like a knife; it can only hurt you if you turn your back on it.”
This is a popular Italian proverb that means that you are more likely to be harmed by the Evil Eye if you ignore it or don’t take precautions against it.
5. “A glance is like an arrow; it can only hurt you if you are looking in the wrong direction.”
This is a popular Arabic proverb that means that the Evil Eye can only harm you if you are looking in the direction of the person who cast it.
6. “The Evil Eye is like a thunderbolt; it can strike anywhere, anytime.”
This is a popular Spanish proverb that means that the Evil Eye can strike anyone, anywhere, at any time.
7. “The Evil Eye is like a snake; it can only bite you if you are not careful.”
This is a popular Portuguese proverb that means that the Evil Eye can only harm you if you are not careful.
What Actually Evil Eye Is?
The evil eye is a popular belief that a person can cause harm to another by simply looking at them with envy or ill will. It is also known as the “casting of the Evil Eye” and is a very old superstition.
The belief is that if someone looks at you with envy, they can curse you and cause you harm. The Evil Eye is a very real and powerful force in many cultures and is still feared by many people today.
Despite the modern world’s increasing skepticism of such things, the Evil Eye is still a very real belief in many cultures. In fact, it is one of the oldest superstitions in the world, dating back to ancient Greece and Rome.
The Evil Eye is also found in Judaism, Islam, and Hinduism. In most cultures, the Evil Eye is a curse that is cast upon one person by another.
It is thought to cause problems in one’s life, such as illness, bad luck, or even death.
Despite the fact that the Evil Eye is nothing more than a superstition, it is still a very real belief in many cultures.
It is important to be respectful of these beliefs, as they are deeply held by many people.
Islamic Quotes About Evil Eye
The evil eye is a real phenomenon and Muslims believe that it can affect anyone at any time. The Quran has warned us about the evil eye and how it can destroy our lives if we are not careful.
There are many Islamic quotes about evil eye that can help us protect ourselves from its harmful effects, here they are:
8. “The evil eye is real and can kill, so be careful not to envy others and to praise Allah for His blessings.”
This quote is a reminder from the prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) that we should be grateful for what we have and not covet what others have. It is also a reminder that the evil eye is a real threat and we should take precautions to protect ourselves from it.
9. “And if you (believers) intend to kill, do not kill another person unless it is in justice. And if you (unbelievers) kill an innocent person, it is as if you have killed all humanity.”
Allah said in the Quran, this quote(ayah) is a strong warning about the consequences of taking a life without justification. It is also a reminder that the evil eye can have a very destructive effect on our lives.
10. “And guard yourselves against the evil eye.” (Quran, 31:34)
11. “Indeed, the evil eye is real.” (Quran, 67:8)
12. The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: “The effect of an evil eye is a fact.” (Sahih Bukhari)
13. The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: “When someone with an evil eye is envied, the envy goes away.” (Sahih Muslim)
14. The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: “The evil eye is real, and if anything were to exceed the scope of destiny, it would be the evil eye.” (Sahih Bukhari)
Famous Evil Eye Quotes
15. “The biggest enemy lies within ourselves. The evil eye is the mirror that magnifies our weaknesses and insecurities.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
16. “The evil eye, envy, is the greatest of all plagues.” – Mika Waltari
17. “An evil eye cast upon another is often only a look of envy, admiration, or approbation.” – Robert G. Ingersoll
18. “The envious die not once, but as often as the envied live.” – Baltasar Gracián
19. “Envy is the odious vice of contemptible souls.” – William Blake
20. “The envious person grows lean with the fatness of their neighbor’s cattle.” – Hebrew Proverb
21. “I barrel through life with the optimistic ignorant bliss of a toddler, until some jerk jinxes me with their accursed evil eye.” – Jarod Kintz
22. “Spiteful words can hurt your feelings but silence breaks your heart.” – C.S. Lewis
23. “The silence of the night is broken by the howling of the wolves. And my heart is broken by the evil eye.” – Pablo Neruda
24. “The Evil Eye, cast by a malevolent glare, can cause real suffering.” – Ancient Proverb
25. “The Evil Eye is the most feared curse in the world.” – Unknown
26. “One glance of the Evil Eye can kill, maim, or lead to madness.” – H.P. Lovecraft
27. “The Evil Eye can petrify the heart and turn the strongest man into a quivering coward.” – Pliny the Elder
28. “The Evil Eye is a look that can kill, or at least cause great harm.” – Unknown
29. “The eyes are the window to the soul.” – William Shakespeare
30. “The eye of a needle is more formidable than the sword.” – Tipu Sultan
31. “If looks could kill, they would.” – Unknown
32. “Eyes are said to be the windows to the soul, so make sure your windows are clean.” – Anonymous
33. “The evil eye, envy, ill will, and jealousy are fires that burn up the human spirit.” – Rumi
34. “Beware of the eyes that shine with envy.” – Proverbs 23:6
35. “An evil eye is a black cloud on the heart.” – Unknown
36. “When you possess great talents, people will hate you.” – Michael Jordan
37. “People will envy you because they think you have something they don’t have.” – Kobe Bryant
38. “The evil eye. . . the compelling gaze which fascinates and controls the actions of men.”
39. “To guard against the evil eye was a primary principle of ancient hygiene.”
40. “The evil eye, the envy of the world, is the root of all misfortune.”
41. “The envious man is like an evil eye, which when it falls upon other men’s possessions, has the power to blight and destroy them.”
42. “The eyes of the envious are never at rest.”
43. “The evils of the world are caused by the few who are evil, while the good suffer for the sins of the many.”
44. “The only thing that can resist the evil eye is the good eye.”
45. “The fearful and wicked man is full of the evil eye.”
46. “The most hateful thing in the world is the evil eye.”
47. “There is no greater misfortune than to be heir to the evil eye.”
48. “To give the evil eye is a greater crime than to kill.”
49. “When the evil eye is cast, the best thing to do is to keep your eyes closed.”
Evil Eye Quotes About Protection
There are many different ways to protect oneself from the Evil Eye, but one of the most popular is to wear evil eye quotes about protection.
You can also try to ward off the evil eye by saying certain phrases or words. Some common phrases are “May the Lord protect you” or ” Bless you”.
Another quote about protection from the Evil Eye is:
50. “God is my witness.”
This quote is often used as a declaration of faith, and it is believed that it will protect the person who says it from the Evil Eye.
52. “I will not fear the Evil Eye, for I am protected by the power of God.”
This quote is often used as a form of affirmation, and it is believed that it will help to keep the person safe from the negative force of the Evil Eye.
53. “Keep your eyes open and your mouth shut, and you’ll avoid the evil eye.” – Italian Proverb
54. “The evil eye is the last, desperate recourse of an envious soul.” – Baltasar Gracian
55. “The only true cure for the evil eye is the return of the gaze.” – Moroccan Proverb
56. “When the evil eye is cast, the only thing to do is catch it and return it.” – Turkish Proverb
57. “The evil eye is like a poison, it cannot be cured unless the victim takes the antidote.” – Unknown
58. “The evil eye is a much-feared thing, but it is also a superstition. Ignorance is the only true evil.”
59. “Keep your eyes open and your mouth shut, and you’ll avoid the evil eye.”
60. “The evil eye is the last, desperate recourse of an envious soul.”
61. “The only true cure for the evil eye is the return of the gaze.”
62. “When the evil eye is cast, the only thing to do is catch it and return it.”
63. “The evil eye is like a poison, it cannot be cured unless the victim takes the antidote.”
Jealousy Evil Eye Quotes
Jealousy and the evil eye are two topics that often go hand-in-hand. People often say that they are jealous of someone or they give someone the evil eye because they are jealous.
Many people believe that the feeling of jealousy is caused by an evil eye.
Here are some of the most popular jealousy and evil eye quotes:
64. “The jealous are troublesome to others, but a torture to themselves.” – William Penn
65. “Jealousy is a disease, love is a healthy condition. The immature mind often mistakes one for the other, or assumes that the greater the love, the greater the jealousy – in fact, they are almost incompatible; one emotion hardly leaves room for the other.” – Robert A. Heinlein
66. “Jealousy is both reasonable and belongs to reasonable men, while envy is base and belongs to the base, for the one makes himself get good things by jealousy, while the other does not allow his neighbour to have them through envy.” – Aristotle
67. “Do not mock a wounded animal, it is capable of tearing you apart.” – Unknown
68. “The jealous are the easiest to deceive.” – Unknown
69. “Never underestimate the power of jealousy and the power of envy to destroy. Never underestimate the power of hate to wound and hurt. And never underestimate the power of love to heal and to bring joy.” – Unknown
70. “The poison of jealousy can only be removed by the antidote of love.” – Chinese Proverb
Evil Eye Quotes For Instagram
When it comes to Instagram, Evil Eye quotes are all the rage. Why? Because they’re the perfect way to add a little bit of edge to your photos.
These days, it’s all about being unique and standing out from the rest. So, if you’re looking for a way to make your photos pop, then adding an Evil Eye quote is the way to go.
There are tons of different Evil Eye quotes out there, so finding the perfect one for your photo is a piece of cake.
Just take a look at some of the most popular Evil Eye quotes below.
71. “An Evil Eye can kill with just a look.”
72. “The Evil Eye is the deadliest weapon in the world.”
73. “The Evil Eye is the most powerful weapon in the universe.”
74. “The Evil Eye can kill you with just a glance.”
75. “The Evil Eye is the ultimate weapon.”
76. “The Evil Eye is the most dangerous weapon in the world.”
77. “An evil eye can cause great harm. Be careful of those who cast them.”
78. “The evil eye is a real thing. And it’s something to be feared.”
79. ” Beware of the evil eye. It can put a curse on you.”
80. “The evil eye is a powerful force. It can make your worst nightmares come true.”
81. “The evil eye is a sign of envy and jealousy. Don’t let it ruin your life.”
82. “The evil eye can cause great harm. Be careful of those who cast them.”
83. “Beware of the evil eye. It can put a curse on you.”
Bonuses: Famous Evil Eyes Quotes From Different Country
- “An evil eye can kill a horse.” – Arabic Proverb
- “The evil eye is the deadliest of all arrows.” – Persian Proverb
- “The evil eye is the bastard child of envy.” – Italian Proverb
- “The evil eye is the last drop that overflows the cup of human misery.” – Jewish Proverb
- “If the evil eye had not existed, it would have been necessary to invent it.” – French Proverb
- “The evil eye is like a scorpion in the brain.” – Greek Proverb
- “The evil eye is the root of all evil.” – Irish Proverb
- “The evil eye is the devil’s work.” – Spanish Proverb
- “The evil eye is the hand of Satan.” – Turkish Proverb
As you can see, there are many different ways of thinking about the Evil Eye. Whether you believe in its power or not, it is always better to be safe than sorry.
Again! There are many different ways to protect yourself from the Evil Eye, so find the one that works best for you and be careful out there!
Read More Inspirational Article:
- Soul Sister Quotes To Remind You Of The Special Bond You Share
- 99+ Quotes That Hit Hard About Love, Life and Death
- 76 Move In Silence Quotes – Just Act Like A Boss!
Hi, I'm a writer and blogger with a degree in psychology. I love sharing my thoughts and experiences through writing and have contributed to various online publications. In my free time, you can find me outdoors, reading, or spending time with loved ones. Thank you for visiting my blog!